Associate, Business Development - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Associate, Business Development is a key position within the Americas region that supports the sourcing, bidding and winning of new assignments including USAID, MCC, DOS contracts and cooperative agreements. He or she will work directly with the Palladium Business Development Team and all of Palladium's International Development practice areas and subdivisions to secure work from new and existing customers.
ResponsibilitiesSupport Winning Work
- Work with a team to source, monitor and respond to strategic opportunities.
- Support the Business Development Team and Practice Areas in preparing and writing EOIs, project experience data, team recruitment, technical and commercial proposals.
- With the BD team, maintain a high win-rate on proposals submitted together; with continual review for quality, pricing and efficiency improvements.
- Support the coordination of USAID, MCC, DOS, and other proposals, and contribute to consortium communications and new framework sourcing.
- Support the management of the Americas pipeline, providing reports and data analysis.
- Create meaningful relationships with partners, subcontractors and freelance consultants.
- Contribute to Palladium becoming the 'contractor of choice' for consultancy assignments.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key clients, and support strategies for new client engagement.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise required:
- Experience working in international development.
- Experience working in a proposal development team with a strong understanding of the proposal development process is required.
- Proven ability to successfully coordinate the full proposal development process.
- Proven understanding of most elements of the proposal process including capture, partnering, recruitment, technical production, cost production, and compliance.
- Ability to adapt to changing and demanding situations at work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Strong networking and partnership management skills.
- Understanding of international development
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts, and across time-zone challenges.
- Well organised and high attention to detail.
- Experience interacting with partner organizations and demonstrated experience collaborating with organizations to submit a bid. (both as prime and sub)
- Proven ability to source candidates for proposals when the need arises, and experience interacting with international and domestic key and non-key staff. (TCN, CCNs, EXPATS)
- Demonstrated skills in drafting and finalizing proposal annexes and supporting other non-technical written pieces such as corporate capes sections, management sections, key personnel sections.
- Proposal formatting skills - preparing a bid so that its ready for submission to the client.
- Experience using FBO to track opportunities.
- Proven experience attending events and representing the organization.
- Experience using proposal tools such as recruitment and partners trackers, compliance matrixes, workplans, Gantt charts and more.
- Demonstrated understanding of the international development environment, including the organizations working in the DC beltway and internationally.